I thought I would end the week with something quite fun. On the last Friday of each month, I will post ten beauty and fashion fun facts. Some of these may not come as a surprise, but nonetheless, it's good to know (for that trivia game you've got coming up)!
Did You Know...
1. Your hair grows faster in summer than in winter and by day rather than night.
2.Until the mid 1850's clothing was designed more for necessity. However, now much of it is designed strictly for fashion.
3. Men wore jewellery long before women. It was used as a symbol of victory in battle.
4. For an item of clothing to be considered "vintage", it must date back before the 1960's.
5. In ancient Greece, women would lighten their hair using plants extracts or arsenic.
6. Going to bed with your makeup on can age your skin up to 7 times faster.
7. The modern era of perfume began in 1921 with Coco Chanel’s launch of Chanel No. 5.
8. The first patented bra was made out of handkerchiefs at the turn of the last century.
9. Nurses in WW2 were made to wear lipstick, to remind them that they are females before soldiers.
10. Shoes were invented some 7,500 years ago.
Did you know any of these facts already? What others would you add?